Eight security alerts for MPs!
Guidelines for hon’ble members of parliament to familiarize with the operation of security gadgets in Parliament house complex.
Modern security gadgets have been installed in the parliament house complex.
A distance of at least five feet between two vehicles may be maintained while crossing the boom barrier as the system allows clearance of only one vehicle at a time. In case any vehicle accidentally hits the boom barrier, the driver must STOP the vehicle immediately.
Kindly adhere to the speed limits displayed at appropriate locations while entering through security gadgets. Members are requested to brief their drivers accordingly.
Occupants of vehicles are to be identified at the second boom barrier. Members are accordingly requested to stop for checking at boom barrier-II.
• It may be ensured that the speed of the vehicle does not exceed ten km./ hr. till the vehicle crosses the last gadget at the iron gates. The gadgets are designed in such a manner that they may get activated immediately in an emergency. In case the speed of vehicles exceeds the speed limit of 10 kmph, it may be difficult for the person driving the vehicle to bring the vehicle to a safe halt. Impact against the tyre killers and road blockers can cause serious damage to the vehicle and injuries to the occupants.
• Security power fence (SPF) has been installed in the entire perimeter of parliament house complex. The power fence will give a safe and deterrent shock (as per internationally permissible standards) to any person coming in contact with the fence. Kindly avoid coming close to the power fence.
• Members are requested to collect their radio frequency tags (for self and vehicle) from the CPIC, parliament house, to avoid any inconvenience in entering the parliament premises.
• In case bollards are being lowered for giving passage to bigger vehicles, the vehicles, which are following such big vehicles, should wait till the Bollards are fully raised and clearance given by the security official on the spot.
• Mobile phone jammers installed at various locations in PH Complex cannot stop the ringing of pre-set time Alarm/Reminder, as these do not require any communication with the BTS towers. The mobile phone alarm / reminder cannot be stopped even if the mobile phone is switched “OFF”.
The hon'ble members of parliament are therefore requested to keep their mobile phone.s “Alarm/ Reminder Tones” in “OFF” mode to respect the decorum of the house.
Kind cooperation of all the hon'ble members is solicited.