GN Bureau | February 29, 2016
* A Task Force has been constituted for rationalisation of human resources in various Ministries.
* Comprehensive review and rationalisation of Autonomous Bodies.
* Bill for Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services by using the Aadhar framework to be introduced.
* Introduce DBT on pilot basis for fertilizer.
* Automation facilities will be provided in 3 lakh fair price shops by March 2017.
* Amendments in Companies Act to improve enabling environment for start-ups.
* Price Stabilisation Fund with a corpus of Rs 900 crore to help maintain stable prices of Pulses.
To find out why, read: "Urad dal, moong dal are Rs 200 a kilo. is that development?"
* “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” programme will be launched to link States and Districts in an annual programme that connects people through exchanges in areas of language, trade, culture, travel and tourism.
The Law Commission which had examined the issues of right to rejection and the right to recall, has not recommended for the same, the Lok Sabha was informed. Union minister PP Chaudhary said that the Law Commission of India was requested in January, 2013,
HCL founder Shiv Nadar tops the Hurun India Philanthropy list with Rs 630 crores donation towards education sector. Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan and his wife Sudha Gopalakrishnan came in second with a donation of Rs 313 crores primarily towards healthcare, social development and education.
Keel of the first Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel (CGOPV) of the new 5 CGOPVs project for the Indian Coast Guard was laid at Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL) recently by ADG K Natarajan, PTM, TM Coast Guard Commander (Western Seaboard), in the presence of RAdm (Retd) Shekhar Mital, NM Chairman and Managing Dire
A pilot project of Digital Village (DigiGaon) is to be implemented in 1050 Gram Panchayats (GPs) spread across 30 States/UTs, the Lok Sabha was informed. Union minister PP Chaudhary said that the approved outlay for implementation of the project for finan
The railway ministry is examining the possibility of revival of the Ring Railway in Delhi, union minister Rajen Gohain told the Lok Sabha. The minister said that Delhi Ring Railway cannot be an alternative to the Delhi Metro. At best, it can supplement th
India is soon going to replace the older EVMs with newer machines. The election commission has informed that as the life of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) has been estimated at 15 years, the commission has decided to replace 9,30,430 EVMs purchased before 2006 with advan