GN Bureau | February 29, 2016
* A Task Force has been constituted for rationalisation of human resources in various Ministries.
* Comprehensive review and rationalisation of Autonomous Bodies.
* Bill for Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services by using the Aadhar framework to be introduced.
* Introduce DBT on pilot basis for fertilizer.
* Automation facilities will be provided in 3 lakh fair price shops by March 2017.
* Amendments in Companies Act to improve enabling environment for start-ups.
* Price Stabilisation Fund with a corpus of Rs 900 crore to help maintain stable prices of Pulses.
To find out why, read: "Urad dal, moong dal are Rs 200 a kilo. is that development?"
* “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” programme will be launched to link States and Districts in an annual programme that connects people through exchanges in areas of language, trade, culture, travel and tourism.
Should Pahlaj Nihalani be axed as the chairperson of Central Board of Film Certification?
More than three percent of medicines in India are ‘Not of Standard Quality’ (NSQ) and 0.0245 percent spurious, reveals a survey report on drugs quality by the ministry of health. The survey carried out by National Institute of Biologicals (NIB), Noida found that out of the
Bharat electronics limited (BEL) has launched a new weapon control system — Remote Controlled Weapon Station (RCWS) / Air Defence Weapon Station (ADWS) for 12.7 mm gun of MBT Arjun Mk II battle tank during recently concluded Aero India 2017 in Bengaluru. The new weapon control system
The Sasikala camp is in talks with the O Panneerselvam (OPS) faction and they are trying to win them over, says an AIADMK insider. Negotiation have started between the main AIADMK, which is with Sasikala, and the splinter group that is supporting former chief minister OPS. The party insider
On October 1 last year, Mehtab Alam Ansari, 30, who worked as a tailor in Delhi, had arrived in his village, Chepa Khurd in Barkagaon tehsil of Harazibagh district, to celebrate Eid with his family. That morning, he was nearing Dadi Kalan, a neighbouring village, to meet an acquaintance when he hea
State run enterprise oil and natural gas corporation limited (ONGC) has decided to invest Rs 7,327 crore to develop five projects to produce oil and gas. The decision was taken in its 290th board meeting held on February 23. The projects include development of R-Series fields, incl