GN Bureau | February 29, 2016
* 100% deduction for profits to an undertaking in housing project for flats upto 30 sq. metres in four metro cities and 60 sq. metres in other cities, approved during June 2016 to March 2019 and completed in three years. MAT to apply.
* Deduction for additional interest of Rs 50,000 per annum for loans up to Rs 35 lakh sanctioned in 2016-17 for first time home buyers, where house cost does not exceed Rs 50 lakh.
* Distribution made out of income of SPV to the REITs and INVITs having specified shareholding will not be subjected to Dividend Distribution Tax, in respect of dividend distributed after the specified date.
* Exemption from service tax on construction of affordable houses up to 60 square metres under any scheme of the Central or State Government including PPP Schemes.
* Extend excise duty exemption, presently available to Concrete Mix manufactured at site for use in construction work to Ready Mix Concrete.
India’s present active caseload (4,43,486) is 4.85% of the total positive cases, and has been sustained below the 5% mark, the health ministry said in a bulletin Monday. The Recovery Rate continues to be above 93% as 93.68% of all cases have recovered as of date. In the 24 hours to Mon
Covid-19 will soon be a “past episode”, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, minister for health and family welfare, has said, hoping that “vaccines available very soon, and the cases will significantly go down in the next few months”. “It is not the first one and definitely not
The revival of the government’s reform agenda in response to the coronavirus pandemic shock has the potential to raise India’s medium-term growth rate, Fitch Ratings has said in a new analysis, while also taking note of downside pressures to growth and adding that it will take time to assess wh
Acknowledging that much needs to be done in the banking sector, BJP national spokesperson Sambit Patra has said that the government was working on the nitty-gritties. “As far as the Indian banking system is concerned, a lot is still to be done and rest assured work is under progress. T
Param Siddhi, the high performance computing-artificial intelligence (HPC-AI) supercomputer established under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) at C-DAC, has achieved a global ranking of 63 and thus among the TOP 500 most powerful non-distributed computer systems in the world. The su
A slew measures have been under way for a more effective response to the rise in COVID-19 infections in Delhi, with the union home ministry pushing for more testing as well as adding to the healthcare infrastructure. After home minister Shah held a meeting on the Delhi COVID situation on Nov