3rd Advance Estimates of area and production of horticultural crops for the year 2021-22 released
GN Bureau | October 27, 2022
The ministry of agriculture and farmers welfare has released the third Advance Estimates of the area and production of various horticultural crops for 2021-22. A record 342.33 million tonnes are estimated to be produced in an area of 28.08 million hectares. Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar has congratulated the farmers, scientists and officers of horticulture for this achievement.
Higlights of the third advance estimates of the area and production of various horticultural crops for the year 2021-22, compiled on the basis of information received from States/UTs and other government source agencies, are:
• The total horticulture production is estimated to be 342.33 million tonnes in the year 2021-22, showing an increase of about 7.73 million tonnes (an increase of 2.3%) over the year 2020-21 (final).
• Production of fruits is estimated to be 107.24 million tonnes as against 102.48 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of vegetables is estimated to be 204.84 million tonnes as against 200.45 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of Onion is estimated to be 31.27 million tonnes as against 26.64 Million Tonnes in the year 2020-21.
• Production of Potatoes is estimated to be 53.39 million tonnes as against 56.17 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Tomato production is estimated to be 20.33 million tonnes as against 21.18 million tonnes in 2020-21.
Neha Lakra, 20, doesn’t forget to practise hockey, at least for four hours, every day. Whether at home or at the Panposh sports hostel in Rourkela where she is training under the guidance of coaches, her routine doesn’t change. “I can’t sleep unless I have worked on the ground,&rdqu
Somewhere Among the Stars: Reflections of a Mystic By Adi Varuni Kali/BluOne Ink, 282 pages, Rs 395 Decades ago, when an unknown N
The 13th National Voters’ Day was celebrated across the country Wednesday with president Droupadi Murmu gracing the national event held here. Kiren Rijiju, union minister for law & justice, was the guest of honour. The chief election commissioner, Rajiv Kumar, election commissioners Anup Chandra
The Indian Navy commissioned its fifth stealth Scorpene class Submarine INS Vagir on Monday at the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai in the presence of Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of the Naval Staff. Vagir was launched on November 12, 2020, under Project 75 (P75) and post completion of sea trials it w
Ahead of the Mumbai civic polls, former Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray on Monday announced an alliance with Prakash Ambedkar`s Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi (VBA). Addressing a joint press conference, Thackeray said their grandfathers, Keshav Thackeray and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, were conte
Ela R. Bhatt, the founder of SEWA, once said, “There is ample proof to demonstrate that women can and do build strong and vital organizations around issues that relate to them, and find viable solutions out of their own experiences.” Women Leadership Schools (WLSs) promoted by Se