3rd Advance Estimates of area and production of horticultural crops for the year 2021-22 released
GN Bureau | October 27, 2022
The ministry of agriculture and farmers welfare has released the third Advance Estimates of the area and production of various horticultural crops for 2021-22. A record 342.33 million tonnes are estimated to be produced in an area of 28.08 million hectares. Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar has congratulated the farmers, scientists and officers of horticulture for this achievement.
Higlights of the third advance estimates of the area and production of various horticultural crops for the year 2021-22, compiled on the basis of information received from States/UTs and other government source agencies, are:
• The total horticulture production is estimated to be 342.33 million tonnes in the year 2021-22, showing an increase of about 7.73 million tonnes (an increase of 2.3%) over the year 2020-21 (final).
• Production of fruits is estimated to be 107.24 million tonnes as against 102.48 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of vegetables is estimated to be 204.84 million tonnes as against 200.45 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of Onion is estimated to be 31.27 million tonnes as against 26.64 Million Tonnes in the year 2020-21.
• Production of Potatoes is estimated to be 53.39 million tonnes as against 56.17 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Tomato production is estimated to be 20.33 million tonnes as against 21.18 million tonnes in 2020-21.
Hailing the Maharashtra government for introducing a bill to amend the Insecticide Act, 1968, Pesticide Action Network (PAN) India has called the amendments ‘very focussed’ and urged the state to expand their scope to address other challenges. The bill, introduced in the a
`Garba of Gujarat` has been inscribed in the Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) of Humanity by UNESCO, under the provisions of the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage during the 18th meeting of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of t
Since its inception, Citizen Financial Cyber Fraud Reporting and Management System has witnessed more than 12.77 lakh complaints registered (till November 15, 2023), and has saved more than Rs. 930 crore in more than 3.80 lakh complaints. This was stated by minister of state for home affair
Impacts and implications of Climate Change Vulnerability in the Himalayan Region and ways of creating ‘Climate Resilient Development in Indian Himalayan Region by making mountain communities green and resilient were discussed the side event hosted at the India pavilion at the UN Climate Conference CO
Air pollution in Delhi has been in headlines, as every year in recent times. Mumbai too has suffered from air pollution, despite being a coastal city. Apart from many other metros such as Bangalore and Kolkata, tier-I and -II cities and rural areas also have high pollution levels. Every year reports and st
The central government will provide free food grains to about 81.35 crore beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) for a period of five years with effect from January 1, 2024, the cabinet decided on Wednesday. Terming it as a “historic decision”, a