CCEA renews the decision after previous quota period lapsed
GN Bureau | June 1, 2016
The cabinet committee on economic affairs (CCEA) on Wednesday approved the proposal of Department of Telecommunications (DoT) regarding continuation of reservation quota for ITI Limited in procurements made by BSNL, MTNL and Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL).
This will provide relief to ITI and also help in generating more employment opportunities in the company, particularly in the field of new telecom technologies. Previously, in January 2014 CCEA had extended the quota benefit for ITI for a period of one year which expired on September 20, 2014.
Now, BSNL, MTNL and BBNL will reserve 30% of the procurement orders for ITI for the products manufactured by it and for those outsourced items in which there is a minimum 5% value addition by ITI during 2016-17 and 8% value addition in 2017-18.
The three organisations will also reserve 20% of the orders for the turnkey projects [like GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication) network roll-out etc. of BSNL and MTNL and National Optical Fibres Network (NOFN) network roll-out, etc. of BBNL] for ITI.
ITI would accept orders under reservation quota only after the price is known and if the same is commercially viable. ITI shall exercise its option under Reservation Quota within 15 days of bid opening, an official release said.
The new policy measures shall remain in force for two years with effect from the date of approval of CCEA and shall again be reviewed considering the financial health of ITI after the expiry of this period.
However, the government has introduced Public Bill 2012 in parliament, and under its provisions, procuring entities, including CPSEs, would have to frame Rules for Public Procurement of Goods, Works and Services. Once such Public Procurement Rules for CPSEs are framed after the enactment of Public Procurement Act, the same would also be applicable to CPSEs under the administrative control of the DoT.
History could have repeated itself as a farce, but in the triple talaq case today, there has been no replay. A historic blunder has been undone, though it has taken three decades. The supreme court has once again taken a stance in favour of individual freedom and against fundamentalism &nda
The derailment of Puri-Haridwar Kalinga Utkal express at Khatauli has once again raised serious questions on the railways’ safety claims. At least 21 people were killed and many were injured. The derailments over a period of a few months are giving sleepless nights to the top railway.
The BJP as well as the Congress welcomed the supreme court judgment that bars instant triple talaq for a period of six months and also seeks a legislation on it. BJP chief Amit Shah said that he welcomes this on behalf of the party and added “it’s not about anyo
Five judges from five different faiths deliberated upon and decided that instant triple talaq is to be struck down for a period of six months and the government should bring a legislation over it. The supreme court bench was headed by chief justice of India J S Khehar, who
Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) and Power Finance Corporation Limited (PFC) did not conduct appropriate due diligence during credit appraisal in power generation projects and in the process assumed higher risks on the loan accounts, noted the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in a rep
Prime minister Narendra Modi described as “historic” the supreme court judgment that struck down triple talaq for a period of six months. “Judgment of the Hon`ble SC on Triple Talaq is historic. It grants equality to Muslim women and is a powerful measure