BHEL registers double digit growth

BHEL has achieved a capacity addition of 45,274 MW during the 12th five year plan period

GN Bureau | May 30, 2017


#capacity addition   #BHEL   #PSU  


 Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has achieved double digit growth and registered profit in 2016-17 fiscal.

It has recorded a turnover of Rs 28,840 crore in 2016-17 fiscal, up 11 percent over the previous year - after reversing the trend of negative topline growth prevailing for the last three years.

The enterprise also returned to profitability with a profit before tax (PBT) of Rs 628 crore, compared to a loss of Rs 1,164 crore in the last fiscal.
 An interim equity dividend of 40 percent has been paid for 2016-17, maintaining the track record of paying dividends uninterruptedly since 1976-77. In addition, the company has recommended a final dividend of 39 percent, subject to the approval of shareholders. With this, the total dividend for the year 2016-17 would stand at 79 percent, a release said.
 
 Notably, enhanced focus on project execution has resulted in BHEL achieving a capacity addition of 45,274 MW during the 12th five year plan period (2012-17), surpassing the target of 41,661 MW set by the government for BHEL, by 9 percent. With this, BHEL continues to remain the single largest contributor to the country’s power generation capacity addition.
 

Comments

 

Other News

Mumbai`s stalled building projects: Is self-redevelopment the real solution?

Land in Mumbai city, which is surrounded by water on three sides, is scarce and has a premium. Property prices in certain areas of financial capital of the country are as much as Rs 1 lakh per sq ft. Yet, 5,800 buildings have been lying in a stalled condition for the last 18 years. Meanwhile

Revadi, electoral reforms and fiscal responsibility

Revadi (sweetmeat) or more popular word, ‘freebies’, has been dominating headlines recently. A public interest litigation (PIL) has been filed in Supreme Court to bar all political parties from making such promises. In response, one leading political party, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), has filed thei

Jal Jeevan Mission: 6.70 crore households provided with tap water connections

Since August 2019, Government of India, in partnership with States, is implementing Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) to make provision of potable tap water supply every rural household by 2024. As many as 6.70 crore households have been provided with tap water connections in the 35 months, since Aug

Cloud inclusivity: Ensuring highly regulated organisations are ready for a cloud-first world

Over the last few years, cloud has been able to create a special place for itself amongst fast moving, competitive and growth-led organisations. As the technology became an imperative, it has undoubtedly created unique business opportunities and isbecoming an anchor for innovation for leading businesses gl

1.29 crore voters chose NOTA in five years

None-of-the-above, or NOTA – the option introduced for voters in 2013 when they don’t want to support any of the candidate – has made some progress. In the past five years, NOTA has secured 1,29,77,627 votes in state assembly elections and Lok Sabha election, according to an analysis by t

India committs to reduce Emissions Intensity of GDP by 45% by 2030

India stands committed to reduce Emissions Intensity of its GDP by 45 percent from the 2005 level by 2030 and achieve about 50 percent cumulative electric power installed capacity from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources by 2030. The country’s India’s updated Nationally Determined Contributi

Visionary Talk: Amitabh Gupta, Pune Police Commissioner with Kailashnath Adhikari, MD, Governance Now


Archives

Current Issue

Opinion

Facebook    Twitter    Google Plus    Linkedin    Subscribe Newsletter

Twitter