3rd Advance Estimates of area and production of horticultural crops for the year 2021-22 released
GN Bureau | October 27, 2022
The ministry of agriculture and farmers welfare has released the third Advance Estimates of the area and production of various horticultural crops for 2021-22. A record 342.33 million tonnes are estimated to be produced in an area of 28.08 million hectares. Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar has congratulated the farmers, scientists and officers of horticulture for this achievement.
Higlights of the third advance estimates of the area and production of various horticultural crops for the year 2021-22, compiled on the basis of information received from States/UTs and other government source agencies, are:
• The total horticulture production is estimated to be 342.33 million tonnes in the year 2021-22, showing an increase of about 7.73 million tonnes (an increase of 2.3%) over the year 2020-21 (final).
• Production of fruits is estimated to be 107.24 million tonnes as against 102.48 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of vegetables is estimated to be 204.84 million tonnes as against 200.45 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of Onion is estimated to be 31.27 million tonnes as against 26.64 Million Tonnes in the year 2020-21.
• Production of Potatoes is estimated to be 53.39 million tonnes as against 56.17 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Tomato production is estimated to be 20.33 million tonnes as against 21.18 million tonnes in 2020-21.
‘See Things As They Are’: Life Lessons from the Buddha Edited by Nanditha Krishna Aleph, 98 pages, Rs 399 There is a wonderful idea behin
World GDP forecasts for 2023 have been revised down again as central banks intensify their fight against inflation and the outlook for China’s property market deteriorates, says Fitch Ratings in its latest Global Economic Outlook (GEO) report. Fitch now expects world GDP to grow by 1.4
Nine species of owls (including the magnificent spot-bellied eagle-owl), 10 birds of prey, 11 species of Woodpeckers (including white-bellied woodpecker – the largest woodpecker in peninsular India), and many other species have been documented during a first-ever bird survey in Chhattisgarh.
Cycling is a passion for many, and it is a way to fitness too. With rising numbers of vehicles on the road, the government encourages this environment-friendly mode of transportation, but it comes with numerous challenges. An accident last month on the Mahipalpur flyover of south Delhi, which took the life
As the post-pandemic fallout and geopolitical uncertainty slows down global economies and sanctions against some nations, energy crisis and inflation are adding to the troubles, India is projected to be decoupled from world economy and fare better. To check if this belief really holds water, in the latest
With the advent of globalization came a new set of challenges for corporations, notably the duty of ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders while also protecting the planet`s natural environment. Although we are dedicated to a faster and more inclusive rate of growth, it is equally imperative that we f