GN Bureau | February 29, 2016
* A comprehensive Code on Resolution of Financial Firms to be introduced.
* Statutory basis for a Monetary Policy framework and a Monetary Policy Committee through the Finance Bill 2016.
* A Financial Data Management Centre to be set up.
* RBI to facilitate retail participation in Government securities.
* New derivative products will be developed by SEBI in the Commodity Derivatives market.
* Amendments in the SARFAESI Act 2002 to enable the sponsor of an ARC to hold up to 100% stake in the ARC and permit non institutional investors to invest in Securitization Receipts.
* Comprehensive Central Legislation to be bought to deal with the menace of illicit deposit taking schemes.
* Increasing members and benches of the Securities Appellate Tribunal.
* Allocation of Rs 25,000 crore towards recapitalisation of Public Sector Banks.
* Target of amount sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana increased to Rs 1,80,000 crore.
* General Insurance Companies owned by the Government to be listed in the stock exchanges.
In an interview with Governance Now, Anil Kumar Jha, special DGP, CID, Assam, who is also nodal officer for the CCTNS project, speaks of what the system in its present form has helped his state achieve. What is the current status of CCTNS in Assam and its outcome?
A stand-off between the ministry of home affairs (MHA) and software development firm Wipro seems to have long held up the Rs 2,000 crore crime and criminal tracking network and systems (CCTNS) project, conceptualised ten years ago. The project aims to digitise and connect all police stations in the country
Questioning the development model pushed ahead for profit oriented growth, social and political activists, academicians, financial analysts and civil society organisations are holding a three day confluence of Peoples’ Convention on Infrastructure Financing in Mumbai. &nb
About one-fourth of India’s elderly face abuse at the hands of those they trust the most – the son (52%) followed by the daughter in law (34%),spouse/partner (14%), daughter(6%) grandchild (6%), son in law(3%), parent(1%) and care giver(1%), reveals a report by the HelpAge Ind
The official statistics provided by the department of industrial policy and promotion (DIPP) under the ministry of commerce and industry shows that between January 2000 and December 2017, India received $368 billion of foreign direct investment (FDI). It also says that Mauritius was the source of $125 bill
The declaration communicated through the director general of military operations (DGMO) of Pakistan and India on May 29, 2018, to implement the ceasefire agreement of 2003 between the two countries in “letter and spirit” has opened up an opportunity to restore peace in the disturbed Kashm