GN Bureau | February 29, 2016
* A comprehensive Code on Resolution of Financial Firms to be introduced.
* Statutory basis for a Monetary Policy framework and a Monetary Policy Committee through the Finance Bill 2016.
* A Financial Data Management Centre to be set up.
* RBI to facilitate retail participation in Government securities.
* New derivative products will be developed by SEBI in the Commodity Derivatives market.
* Amendments in the SARFAESI Act 2002 to enable the sponsor of an ARC to hold up to 100% stake in the ARC and permit non institutional investors to invest in Securitization Receipts.
* Comprehensive Central Legislation to be bought to deal with the menace of illicit deposit taking schemes.
* Increasing members and benches of the Securities Appellate Tribunal.
* Allocation of Rs 25,000 crore towards recapitalisation of Public Sector Banks.
* Target of amount sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana increased to Rs 1,80,000 crore.
* General Insurance Companies owned by the Government to be listed in the stock exchanges.
Ajay Kumar Singh, who has been the editorial director of Governance Now, has been appointed the press secretary of the president of India. The decision was made by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by prime minister Narendra Modi on Monday. The appointment will be on contract
Home minister Amit Shah’s remark on the need for a single national language has rightly sparked a debate, but the headlines missed much in his speech about language, culture, and identity. Giving away Rajbhasha Gaurav Puraskar and Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar awards on the occasion of Hin
Renowned British singer, songwriter and reggae DJ, Apache Indian (originally known as Steven Kapoor) shot to fame with his style of music which came to be known as bhangramuffin (also called bhangragga) – a mix of bhangra, reggaemuffin and traditional dance hall in the early 1990s. His style changed
When close to five lakh people are killed in road accidents every year in India, road transport minister Nitin Gadkari should have been complimented on his not-so-populist move to impose higher fines for traffic violations. Instead, many people are unhappy and several states – mostly ruled by the BJP
Traditional fishermen or Kolis; synonymous with feasting, song and dance; are the original inhabitants of Mumbai. For generations, they have loved their vocation and prided in it. But their work and lifestyle are facing threats from reclamation, land acquisition by builders, lack of sustainable fishing pra