GN Bureau | February 29, 2016
* A comprehensive Code on Resolution of Financial Firms to be introduced.
* Statutory basis for a Monetary Policy framework and a Monetary Policy Committee through the Finance Bill 2016.
* A Financial Data Management Centre to be set up.
* RBI to facilitate retail participation in Government securities.
* New derivative products will be developed by SEBI in the Commodity Derivatives market.
* Amendments in the SARFAESI Act 2002 to enable the sponsor of an ARC to hold up to 100% stake in the ARC and permit non institutional investors to invest in Securitization Receipts.
* Comprehensive Central Legislation to be bought to deal with the menace of illicit deposit taking schemes.
* Increasing members and benches of the Securities Appellate Tribunal.
* Allocation of Rs 25,000 crore towards recapitalisation of Public Sector Banks.
* Target of amount sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana increased to Rs 1,80,000 crore.
* General Insurance Companies owned by the Government to be listed in the stock exchanges.
The functioning of a national commission, be it NHRC, NCSC or NCST, depends on its head. Being the chief information commissioner (CIC), what is your vision for CIC? And what has been your experience so far? The chief information commissioner and ten informa
With the help of Right to Information (RTI), the common man not only has the right to know, but also the right to question those in power. This is the foundation of democracy,” said prime minister Narendra Modi at the tenth anniversary celebrations of the Central Information Commission (CIC)
Do you think the fiscal year should be from January to December?
Historically, voter turnout for local elections has lagged behind state assembly elections and general elections. For example, a recent report by Janaagraha shows that Surat recorded 40 percent voter turnout in local polls, 30 percent less than state elections
A group of women were sensitized about their rights at a workshop held in the national capital on Saturday. They were informed about the anti-harassment laws and legal provisions to safeguard women inside and outside their workplace. The workshop – organ
The Narendra Modi- Arvind Kejriwal antagonism has always been about two different kinds of populism. While it may not play out in a municipal election, the fact remains that a Kejriwal chastened by Goa and Punjab faces a mid-term test in the municipal elections. For a politician harbouring intentions of