Section 144 imposed; restaurants, gyms, spas, cinema halls, theatres to operate at 50% of the capacity in Maharashtra
Geetanjali Minhas | December 25, 2021 | Mumbai
With Maharashtra reporting a total of 108 Omicron cases over the last few days and witnessing an upward trend of Covid-19 cases over the past week, as more than 1,000 positive cases were registered for the first time in the last two months, the government has tightened restrictions. In Mumbai, the New Year celebrations in closed or open spaced have been banned.
In a statement, Mumbai municipal commissioner I.S. Chahal directed Friday night that “no New Year celebration programme/function/gathering /party/activity or happening in any closed or open space shall be allowed in municipal limits of Greater Mumbai. This order shall come into force from 00.00 hours of 25th December 2021 till further orders by superseding the above reference Order no.1.”
The state also enforced further restrictions in additions to the ones imposed vide its orders dated 27 November and the circular dated December 23:
* Restaurants, gyms, spas, cinema halls, theatres to operate at 50% of the capacity as declared by licensing/permitting authority. These establishments shall necessarily and prominently declare their full capacity at per their licence permission as well as 50% of their capacity.
* Assembly of more than 5 people not allowed between 9 pm to 6 am throughout the state at all public places
* Only 100 people allowed for marriages in enclosed spaces like banquets, marriage halls and not more than 250 or 25% (whichever is less) persons allowed in open sky spaces.
* Only 100 people allowed for social political and religious functions and gathering in closed spaces and 250 or 25% (whichever is less) allowed in open to sky spaces.
* For all other functions in closed spaces attended should not exceed 50% of the capacity as declared by licensing/permitting authority where seating is fixed and 25% capacity of open spaces as declared by licensing/ permitting authority is open to sky spaces.
* In the case of sports events and competitions, spectators are not to exceed more than 25% of the seating capacity of the venue.
For any other gathering, DDMA will be the deciding authority.
“In case of any activity covered in this order if DDMA is of the opinion that stricter restrictions are warranted due to specific local situation, DDMA may promulgate such stricter restrictions over and above the restrictions contained herein In such situation, DDMA must give adequate public notice before making such stricter restrictions applicable,” says the order signed by the chief secretary, Debashish Chakrabarty, which came into effect Friday-Saturday midnight.
After the oxygen crisis faced during the second wave of Covid-19, the BrihanMumbai municipal corporation (BMC) has now set up its own medical oxygen cylinder recharge projects. On Tuesday, guardian minister Aditya Thackeray launched two of the BMC’s new medical oxygen cylinders r
The world’s ten richest men more than doubled their fortunes from $700 billion to $1.5 trillion (at a rate of $15,000 per second or $1.3 billion a day) during the first two years of a pandemic while the incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall and over 160 million more people forced into poverty. A new
The Vistadome coaches on Central Railways have received an overwhelming response from passengers. Not only have they boosted tourism and registered an occupancy of 20,407 passengers but also clocked revenue of Rs.2.38 crore between October and December 2021. The CSMT-Madgaon-CSMT Jansh
India is once again caught in a spike of Covid-19 cases, with the highly transmittable omicron driving numbers. The total cases in the country continued to increase on Saturday, recording 2.68 lakh cases in 24 hours. India`s active caseload currently stands at 14,17,820 or 3.85%, while the r
Mantra and the meaning of Success By Rajesh Talwar Bridging Borders, 288 pages Rajesh Talwar, who works as Deputy Legal Adviser to the United Nations Mission in Afghanistan, has written 31 books, and on January 15 he is releasing one more. ‘
Essence of the Fifth Veda By Gaurang Damani Divine Destination, 234 pages, Rs 350 ‘Veda’ literally means ‘knowledge’.