Railways sector has prepared an investment roadmap of Rs 8.8 lakh crore.
GN Bureau | March 18, 2016
Manoj Sinha, union minister of state for railways, said that as soon as the NDA government came into power, the focus shifted to decongesting and expanding the railway network. Speaking at the Railways Reform and Governance Conclave, organised by Governance Now in New Delhi on Friday, he said, “We have increased investment in this direction”.
Sinha highlighted ten key developments in the railways sector:
• Railways sector has prepared an investment roadmap of Rs 8.8 lakh crore.
• Budget allocation has increased to Rs 1.21 lakh crore this year from Rs 1 lakh crore allocated last year.
• Presently, 7 kilometres of railway lines are laid per day. The target has been set to 13 kilometres per day.
• Target of removing all unmanned railway crossing in next three-four years. 9,683 unmanned crossings already fixed.
• Target of increasing the non-ticketing revenue from 4-5 percent to 10 percent.
• IRCTC has been asked to do a third-party audit of cleanliness at all railway stations. Awards to be given to top ten clean railway stations.
• Railway week organised and officials working with utmost dedication and integrity to be awarded.
• The ministry has submitted action taken report to the parliament on 139 announcements made in the last budget.
• Work related to projects proposed for 2016-17 to be initiated within 6 months.
• Target of zero accidents and better reservation system by year 2020.
Since the budget has been announced, the ministry has already started doing preliminary work for achieving the targets mentioned in the budget. “We have recently entered into an MoU with ISRO for using space technology in railways,” Sinha added.
Today (August 2), prime minister Narendra Modi launched the e-RUPI voucher system which is another milestone in Digital India. Simply put, this will be a digital payment which will be delivered to mobile phones of beneficiaries, even with no bank account and this payment is like an e-Voucher in form of a S
Inaugurating the project to redevelop the famed BDD Chawls at Jamboree Maidan in Worli area of central Mumbai, Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray appealed to the residents not to sell their new homes and to preserve the chawl’s culture and history. The Bhoomipujan, earlier sch
In a scathing attack on the government, PawanKhera, national spokesperson of the Congress party, has said that the BJP is remote-controlled by RSS, an unregistered organisation that decides who the PM will be and lead the country, yet no question is asked to them. Asking how Amit Shah, JP N
Nationalist Congress Party president and senior leader Sharad Pawar has appealed to political leaders in the state not to visit the flood ravaged areas of Maharashtra as it diverts attention of those engaged in relief and rehabilitation to VIP arrangements and hampers work. The deat
Sri Lankan media baron, business tycoon and Chairman of The Capital Maharaja Group conglomerate, Rajandram Rajamahendran, passed away at Colombo early Sunday morning. He was 79. Rajamahendran was suffering from health problems and was receiving treatment at a private hospital in Colombo. &nb
A new study titled, ‘Quantitative analysis of Microplastics along River Ganga’ by Toxics Link has found heavy concentration of microplastics in the Ganga. All samples collected for study from the river at Haridwar, Kanpur and Varanasi were found to be polluted with microplastics.