DU to display internal assessment rules

At prominent locations across colleges

danish

Danish Raza | March 19, 2010



Good news for all those who want to know the procedure of internal assessment at the University of Delhi (DU).

The Central Information Commission (CIC) has recently ordered that the university has to display a copy of the internal assessment rules at prominent locations across colleges.

At DU, 75% marks are allotted on the basis of annual examinations while the rest 25% are decided on the basis of internal assessment.

The ordinance, currently available only on the university’s website, has to be displayed on hoardings at locations with maximum visibility. These include all central libraries, office of the Dean and the principal’s office in all colleges of the varsity.

The hoardings will also mention the link / URL to the page on the website of the university where the ordinance is available.

The contact details of the college monitoring committee for internal assessment will also be mentioned on these boards.

 “Hard copies of the ordinance and any other document with respect to the said ordinance will be placed in the libraries of all undergraduate colleges and postgraduate department / centres, including all central libraries of the university,” said the CIC order dated March 17, 2010.

AN Prasad, a student of the university’s law faculty had written to the commission stating that the rules of internal assessment were not easily available to students.

The university has to comply with the order before April 16, 2010.

Comments

 

Other News

NCP’s Ajit Pawar is LoP in Maharashtra assembly

After the Bharatiya Janta Party orchestrated rebellion in the Shiv Sena partly led by Eknath Shinde who took away with him a majority of MLAs, the Eknath Shinde-BJP government proved majority in the state assembly floor test, crossing  the midway mark (144) getting 164 votes in their favour. The Natio

Why sanitation should matter to you

How many times a day do you flush the toilet? This number is probably between five and eight times for an average person. How many times a day do you spare a thought towards what happens to the human waste after you flush it away? The answer to this is likely to be close to zero for most people.

Who is Eknath Shinde, the auto driver who became CM?

Hailing from Satara district of Maharashtra, Eknath Sambhaji Shinde had to leave his education midway to financially support his family. He worked as an auto rickshaw driver, a lorry driver and also said to have worked in a brewery before he came in contact with Anand Dighe, Shiv Sena’s Thane unit pr

Metro 3 car shed to stay at Aarey, say new CM Shinde

Former Maharashtra chief minister Davendra Fadnavis stunned all at a press conference Thursday and named Eknath Shinde, the rebel MLA from Shiv Sena, as the next chief minister. Though Fadnavis said he would stay out of the government, a few hours later the BJP leadership announced he would be the deputy c

Uddhav Thackeray resigns as chief minister of Maharashtra

Minutes after the Supreme Court ordered a floor test on Wednesday night, Uddhav Thackeray in a televised address resigned as the chief minister of Maharashtra and also as a member of legislative council (MLC). He later drove down to Raj Bhavan and tendered his resignation to the governor Bhagat Singh Koshi

Gig workforce expected to expand to 2.35 crore by 2029-30

The gig economy has arrived in India, as the Covid-19 pandemic has propelled a flexibility of employment. As many as 77 lakh workers were engaged in the gig economy, constituting 2.6% of the non-agricultural workforce or 1.5% of the total workforce in India. The gig workforce is expected to expand to 2.35

Visionary Talk: Sanjay Pandey, Mumbai Police Commissioner with Kailashnath Adhikari, MD, Governance Now


Archives

Current Issue

Opinion

Facebook    Twitter    Google Plus    Linkedin    Subscribe Newsletter

Twitter