State to go under Janata curfew from Wednesday
Geetanjali Minhas | April 14, 2021 | Mumbai
Essential services allowed:
1) Hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, vaccinations, medical insurance offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, other medical and health services including supporting manufacturing and distribution units. This would also include dealers, transport and supply chain.
2) Manufacturing and distribution of vaccines, sanitizers, masks, medical equipment, their ancillaries, raw material units and support services.
3) Veterinary services/animal care shelters and pet food shops.
4) Groceries, vegetable shops, fruit vendors, dairies, bakeries, confectioneries, all types of food shops. (All shops falling under essential services as mentioned in the order will comply with specified guidelines)
5) Cold storage and warehousing services.
6) Public transport: Airplanes, trains, taxis, autos and public buses.
7) Services related to the functioning of offices of diplomats of various countries.
8) Pre-monsoon activities by local authorities.
9) All public services by local authorities.
10) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and services designated by RBI as essential.
11) All offices of SEBI recognised market infrastructure institutions such as stock exchanges, depositories, clearing corporations etc. and other intermediaries registered with SEBI.
12) Services required for restoration/maintenance of telecom services.
13) Transport of goods.
14) Water supply services
15) Agriculture related activities and all allied activities required to ensure seamless continuity of theagricultural sector including availability of farming input, seeds, fetilisers, equipment's and their repairs.
16) Import-export of all commodities.
17) E-commerce (only for the supply of essential goods and services)
18) Accredited media persons
19) Petrol pumps and petroleum-related products, including offshore/onshore production
20) All cargo services
21) Data centres/cloud services/It services supporting critical infrastructure and services.
22) Government and private security services.
23) Electric and gas supply services.
25) Postal services
26) Ports and related activities
27) Custom house agents/licensed multi-modal transport operators associated with movement of vaccines/lifesaving drugs/pharmaceutical products.
28) Units producing raw material/packaging material for any essential services.
29) Units that are engaged in production of materials for impending rainy season for individuals as well as organisations.
30) Any services designated as essential services by local disaster management authority.
Public, private transport
Public transport will operate in the state with restrictions imposed. A failure to do so will attract fine.
Auto-rickshaw: Driver and two passengers only
Taxi (4 wheeler): Driver and 50% % capacity (as per RTO limit)
Bus: Full seating capacity as per RTO limit. No standing passengers will be allowed.
Anyone using public transport must compulsorily wear mask in a proper manner. Failure to do so will attract fine of Rs 500.
Anyone without mask in four-wheeler taxis including the driver will be fined Rs 500 each.
All vehicles should be sanitised after every trip
Drivers and other staff of public transport must get vaccinated at the earliest as per centres guidelines
Auto and taxi drivers should be encouraged to isolate themselves using a plastic sheet or similar material.
People found violating covid appropriate behaviour (CAB)on any train will be fined Rs 500.
Also private transport is allowed only for essential services and during emergency.
Persons arriving/ departing by bus/train/flight from or towards place of residence may travel on basis of valid ticket through public transport.
(All Serving staff to get vaccinated or carry valid negative RT-PCR/RAT/TrueNAT/CBNAAT certificate till completely vaccinated)
All that will remain closed in the state:
1) All cinema halls to remain closed.
2) Drama theatre and auditoriums to remain closed.
3) Amusement parks, arcades, video game parlours to remain closed.
4) Water parks to remain closed.
5) Clubs, swimming pools, gyms and sports complexes to remain closed
6) Shooting for films, serials, advertisements to be closed
7) All shops, malls, shopping centres not engaged in essential services to remain closed
8) Public places like beaches, gardens, open spaces etc. to remain closed during janta curfew.
9) All religious places of worship to remain closed.
10) All barber shops, spa, beauty parlours to remain closed.
11) Schools and colleges to remain closed.
12) All private coaching classes of any kind to remain closed.
13) Only 25 people allowed to remain present in marriages
In case of political rallies during elections not more than 200 people can attend an event or 50% of the seating capacity of the hall. All directions specified in earlier orders remain in force.
Read this report for more information on restrictions:
The CoWIN system, the overarching digital platform for citizens seeking appointment for the Covid-19 vaccine, is introducing a new four-digit security code” in the application from Saturday to minimise a peculiar error and subsequent inconvenience to citizens. “It has been notic
Mumbai, once the epicentre of the pandemic in India, has emerged as a model for all others in mitigating the crisis. The supreme court on Wednesday said the central government should adopt and take lessons from the Mumbai model to manage liquid medical oxygen supply for Covid-19 patients in Delhi.
A Functioning Anarchy? Essays For Ramachandra Guha Edited by Srinath Raghavan and Nandini Sundar Penguin Random House India / 392 pages / Rs 650 In a long and versatile career spanning thirty-five years, Ramachandra Guha has prod
To take preventive steps early and save lives, BrihanMumbai municipal corporation (BMC) commissioner Iqbal Singh Chahal has urged citizens to come forward and get themselves tested. Mumbai has seen a dip in Covid-19 cases in the last few days after an unprecedented increase in cases s
India reported 3,68,147 new cases on Monday, a number lower than the 4 lakh-plus recorded in the weekend. Also, more than 29.16 crore Covid tests were conducted across the country. As many as 29,16,47,037 have been conducted as on date. India’s cumulative recoveries now stand
Nandurbar, a tribal and hilly district in Maharashtra with a population of 20 lakh, is an unlikely contender for setting a precedent for the rest of India, but under the leadership of district collector Dr Rajendra Bharud, it took several measures to augment medical oxygen supply ahead of the second wave o